WAMC membership is open to anyone who enjoys running; from the beginner to the elite, from the competitive to the casual.
We offer a calendar of fun events the whole family can enjoy, or you can take the ultimate challenge of the Marathon or Half Marathon.
You’ll never get tired of running the same course as we have events all over Perth; from the hills to the beach including Rottnest Island. Some events are also IAAF AIMS certified courses for runners wanting to qualify for overseas marathons.
As well as regular training sessions and discounts on events, the Club offers a wealth of expertise through its members and a very active social scene. So why not become part of an ever-growing running community.
All these benefits for just $50.00 a year.
- Reduced entry fees for club runs.
- Members: $5.00 for all club runs (excluding those with breakfast or food afterwards. These are just $10.00) *Darlington Half Marathon is $25.00 & 8km is $15.00
- Reduced entry fees for major events and seminars organised by the club.
- Members receive a quarterly newsletter to help stay motivated and keep in touch with what’s happening in the WAMC running scene. This newsletter is available online or we can mail a printed version to you.
- Members are eligible for Annual Club Champion Trophies and Age Group Trophies (based on the completion of a minimum of 8 Club Championship Events (C) noted next to distance on Programme).
- Invitations to attend our many seminars held throughout the year.
- $4.00 admission to our Tuesday night intervals training session at Perry Lakes
- Free Wednesday night training / social run with use of the club facilities (including bar) afterwards. Last Wednesday of the month is BBQ night.
**2018 membership opening december 1st 2017 – membership runs for a calendar year**
|Single Membership (over 18 years)
|Family Membership||$95.00 (2 or more people sharing the same postal address)|
|Pensioner and Senior Card Holders (Over 65)
|Children / Youth (under 18 years)||$20.00|
You can join online. Every special event is Online Entry only, all other events can be entered either online or on the day.
What you get
When you join the WAMC you will receive a Welcome Pack which includes: Cloth Membership Bib, Welcome Letter and WAMC Timing Chip.
We need your help
The WAMC is a running club organised by runners for runners. So all members (unless you live more than 100 km from Perth) must nominate two races that they will volunteer to help with. Those choosing the Perth Marathon or 40 Miler are only required to help at one event. If you are able to help at more than two events, please consider including at least one Major Event as they need more helpers.
WHY JOIN WAMC?
Running is one of the best sports to improve your fitness. You can run just about anywhere with minimal equipment. All you need is a good pair of running shoes and the motivation to get going. Running by yourself can soon become boring. So here are our top reasons for joining a club like WAMC.
Running with people who have the same health goals as you will give you the motivation to keep running and enjoy it. Many runners find long runs go by a lot quicker and easier when they socialise as they run.
Increased performance and fitness
Running regularly will help boost your fitness level and aerobic capacity, enabling you to run stronger, faster and longer. When you run with others, you’re encouraged to run a little harder and a little longer. Your performance improves and gradually you’ll be able to take your running to the next level.
Training and advice
When you train with a club, you’ll get plenty of tips and advice from fellow runners, or Club Members. WAMC has regular training sessions.
When you join a running club, you instantly make new friends. Networking opens doors of opportunity, both personally and professionally. Your club friends will help motivate you when training gets tough or your long run seems never ending. We’re a very social group at the WAMC!
Running in a group is much safer than running alone. If you become injured or sick on a run, there are people on hand to help. A big group of runners is much more visible to traffic.