WAMC membership is open to anyone who enjoys running; from the beginner to the elite, from the competitive to the casual.
We offer a calendar of fun events the whole family can enjoy, or you can take the ultimate challenge of the Marathon or Half Marathon.
You’ll never get tired of running the same course as we have events all over Perth; from the hills to the beach including Rottnest Island. Some events are also IAAF AIMS certified courses for runners wanting to qualify for overseas marathons.
As well as regular training sessions and discounts on events, the Club offers a wealth of expertise through its members and a very active social scene. So why not become part of an ever-growing running community.
All these benefits for just $50.00 a year.
- Reduced entry fees for club runs.
- Members: $5.00 for all club runs (excluding those with breakfast or food afterwards. These are just $10.00) *Darlington Half Marathon is $30.00 & 8km is $20.00
- Reduced entry fees for major events and seminars organised by the club.
- VIP benefits at the Perth Running Festival.
- 15% OFF at Running Warehouse Australia. *Details below.
- Members receive a quarterly newsletter to help stay motivated and keep in touch with what’s happening in the WAMC running scene. This newsletter is available online or we can mail a printed version to you.
- Members are eligible for Annual Club Champion Trophies and Age Group Trophies (based on the completion of a minimum of 8 Club Championship Events (C) noted next to distance on Programme).
- Invitations to attend our many seminars held throughout the year.
- $4.00 admission to our Tuesday night intervals training session at Perry Lakes
- Free Wednesday night training / social run with use of the club facilities (including bar). Last Wednesday of the month is BBQ night.
Running Warehouse Australia is a premium online running store specialising in footwear, apparel and accessories for the everyday to elite runner.
At Running Warehouse Australia, we understand the difficulties of finding the exact gear you want and need. So we offer an in-depth range of running specialty products – from footwear and apparel to hydration systems, electronics, illumination, headwear, socks, nutrition and more. Plus we offer FREE shipping on all orders over $150 and a 30 Day ‘Love The Shoe’ Guarantee.
15% Discount Code: WAMC15
*Excludes electronics, gift cards and some already reduced items.
You can also find us at 52 McCoy Street, Myaree or on 1800 959 970.
**2019 membership opening december 1st 2018 – membership runs for a calendar year**
|Single Membership (over 18 years)
|Family Membership||$95.00 (2 adults and up to four children <18 years of age sharing the same postal address)|
|Pensioner and Senior Card Holders (Over 65)
|Children / Youth (under 18 years)||$20.00|
You can join online. Every special event is Online Entry only, all other events can be entered either online or on the day.
What you get
When you join the WAMC you will receive a Welcome Pack which includes: Cloth Membership Bib, Welcome Letter and WAMC Timing Chip.
We need your help
The WAMC is a running club organised by runners for runners. So all members (unless you live more than 100 km from Perth) will need to nominate two events to volunteer at. We understand life gets busy and it is difficult to commit, so we encourage you to fulfill at least one of your preferences. If you are able to help at more than one event, please consider including at least one Special Event, as more helpers are required at these events. WAMC will contact you 2-4 weeks prior to the event to confirm your availability. Visit our Volunteer page for more information.
WHY JOIN WAMC?
Running is one of the best sports to improve your fitness. You can run just about anywhere with minimal equipment. All you need is a good pair of running shoes and the motivation to get going. Running by yourself can soon become boring. So here are our top reasons for joining a club like WAMC.
Running with people who have the same health goals as you will give you the motivation to keep running and enjoy it. Many runners find long runs go by a lot quicker and easier when they socialise as they run.
Increased performance and fitness
Running regularly will help boost your fitness level and aerobic capacity, enabling you to run stronger, faster and longer. When you run with others, you’re encouraged to run a little harder and a little longer. Your performance improves and gradually you’ll be able to take your running to the next level.
Training and advice
When you train with a club, you’ll get plenty of tips and advice from fellow Club Members. WAMC has regular training sessions.
When you join a running club, you instantly make new friends. Networking opens doors of opportunity, both personally and professionally. Your club friends will help motivate you when training gets tough or your long run seems never ending. We’re a very social group at the WAMC!
Running in a group is much safer than running alone. If you become injured or sick on a run, there are people on hand to help. A big group of runners is much more visible to traffic.