Do you dream of basking in the glory of being a marathon finisher at the Perth Running Festival (crossing the line in Optus stadium is an experience you won’t forget!)? Or do your little ones have their sights set on the Rottnest Running Festival ‘Quokka Dash’?
We offer a year-round calendar of fun events the whole family can get involved in. And for the seriously competitive, we have IAAF AIMS certified courses for those wanting to qualify for overseas marathons.
We love our club and every member in it, here’s why you should join us…(if you need a reason!)
Running with people who have the same goals as you will give you the motivation to keep running (and enjoy it). Having running buddies to meet will make you show up for training when you’re not feeling like it, and will put a smile on your face when you’re pushing yourself up that dreaded steep hill!
Increased performance and fitness
Running regularly will help boost your fitness levels and aerobic capacity, enabling you to run stronger, faster and longer. When you run with others, you’re encouraged to push yourself harder.
A ready-made community
Join a diverse community with one common interest – we love to run! It’s easy to make new friends here, and with runners of all abilities it’s easy to find a crowd who run at your pace (plus faster people who you can aim to catch!). And with an active social scene, there’s plenty of downtime to meet other like-minded people and get involved in club life.
WAMC has a wealth of experienced runners all eager to share tips and help coach and guide others. We also hold informative seminars throughout the year.
Running in a group is much safer than running alone. If you become injured or sick on a run, there are people on hand to help. Also, a group of runners is much more visible to traffic than an individual.
To join our growing community and become a WAMC member – click HERE.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP – WHAT YOU GET
- Discounted events: Reduced entry fees for all major events and runs organised by the club.
- Regular training sessions: Training sessions available throughout the week.
- WAMC Seminars: Informative running seminars with discounted entry for members.
- The WAMC newsletter: Available online or we can post to you. Keep in touch with club news and stay motivated all year round!
- WAMC Welcome Pack: When you join you’ll receive a cloth membership bib and WAMC timing chip so that you’re race-ready!
- VIP benefits at the Perth Running Festival.
- 15% OFF at Running Warehouse Australia. *Details below.
- Social activities: It’s not all about running! Regular events throughout the year, plus casual BBQ’s/post-training coffees.
- Annual Club Champion Trophies and Age Group Trophies: Eligibility to get your hands on some much sought after WAMC bling!
**membership FEES AS OF december 1st 2019 – membership runs for a calendar year**
|Single Membership (over 18 years)
|Family Membership (2 adults and up to four children <18 years of age sharing the same postal address)||$115.00|
|Pensioner and Senior Card Holders (Over 65 years)
|Children / Youth (under 18 years)||$25.00|
The WAMC is a running club organised by runners for runners, so we rely heavily on the time and effort of volunteers.
We ask all members (unless you live more than 100km from Perth) to volunteer at one event during the year. We understand that life gets busy and it can be difficult to commit, but knowing that you are assisting the club and helping other runners is not only satisfying, but fun!
Visit our Volunteer page for more information.
*Running Warehouse Australia is a premium online running store specialising in footwear, apparel and accessories for the everyday to elite runner.
At Running Warehouse Australia, we understand the difficulties of finding the exact gear you want and need. So, we offer an in-depth range of running specialty products – from footwear and apparel to hydration systems, electronics, illumination, headwear, socks and nutrition. Plus, we offer FREE shipping on all orders over $150 and a 30-day ‘Love the Shoe’ Guarantee (*Excludes electronics, gift cards and some already reduced items). You can also find us at 52 McCoy Street, Myaree or on 1800 959 970.